Apply for: Surface Designer – Design Studio
Please complete the form below to apply for this position. All information is required.
Career Opportunities at Congoleum
District Sales Manager (Two Positions)
- Preferred - Los Angeles, CA; Secondary location - Southern California
- Preferred - Minneapolis, MN; Secondary location - Chicago
Position reports to Regional Sales Manager.
The District Sales Manager is responsible for the attainment of predetermined territorial sales goals while maintaining expenses within budgetary guidelines. This is accomplished through the development and implementation of sales generating programs, which fulfill the needs of the manager’s respective market. The primary vehicle to accomplish the sales goals would be by developing new customers and providing sales support to existing customers through Congoleum distributors.
- Regularly trains and travels with the Distributor Sales Representative to ensure effectiveness in the marketplace
- Hold periodic sales meetings with Distributor Sales Representatives for educational and motivational purposes
- Provide information and perform demonstrations of proper installation techniques for new products
- Act as the Congoleum representative at area trade shows and at special Distributor sales
- Responsible for identifying key retailers and developing strategies to ensure increased Congoleum business
- Responsible for the effective sample and literature updating of key installed retailers in his/her territory
- Make major display program presentation to key retailers
- Provide assistance to distributor in the construction and/or assembly of product displays within the sales territory
- Handle and inspect consumer complaints within the territory inclusive of home inspections and the preparation of documentation detailing inspection results:
- Make recommendations/suggestions to Distributor Management in regard to changes needed in sales coverage, inclusive of changes in sales territory or the addition of new sales territories
- Respond to home office request and directives sent via email, voice mail, and / or memorandum
- Submit weekly expense reports detailing travel and expenses incurred
- Submit Monthly Business Report detailing various marketing
- feedback on distributors, retailers, and competitive activity
- Position works under general supervision within established guidelines and policies, but requires creative and innovative approaches to fulfill the needs of the manager’s respective territory.
- Spends approximately 75% of his /her time traveling within sales district
- Must be able, on occasion, to lift and handle a carton of tile, which could weigh up to 45 pounds per carton
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time during training seminars and floorshows
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, and lift and hold objects above the head during the assembly of product displays
- Must be able to handle and use hand-held power tools to assemble product displays
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, crawl, and manipulate objects during training and demonstrations of proper installation techniques of flooring products
- Must be able to handle the stress brought on by the demands of the job
- 2+ years of sales experience, preferably in flooring or building products industry
- Bachelor’s degree in sales/marketing or related discipline
- Highly motivated, well organized individual
- Excellent communication skill, both written and verbal
- Familiar with two-step distribution process
- Proven track record of sales success
Congoleum offers a competitive salary and benefit package, inclusive of medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and company vehicle. We are an EOE.
Apply for This Position
Senior Product Manager
Congoleum® has been focused on producing the best resilient flooring available for more than 125 years. Continuing to lead the charge through innovation, quality and design.
The Position: The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for the development of the long-term business strategy to maximize market share, sales and margin performance.
The Candidate: The successful candidate will be an upbeat, high energy, self-starter with a commitment to delivering solutions that differentiate the brand based on the three core tenets: design, quality and innovation. The candidate will need a strong foundation of analytics, executional excellence and strong communication skills. These skills will come together to demonstrate:
- A strategic understanding of the market and its drivers
- An alignment of the brand and portfolio to the needs of the key consumer groups
- The identification of opportunities for new products
- The ability to drive sales and margin through effective marketing and promotional activities
- A strong attention to detail coupled with the ability to foresee potential synergies between products, promotions and markets
- Strategic Thinking
- Bold Leadership
- Strong Communication
- Problem-Solving Innovative Mindset
- Drive brand and category development for North America
- Deliver category performance for sales and margin targets
- Identify and leverage product positioning and key benefits for differentiation
- Determine marketing strategies to address consumer needs
- Manage the portfolio through the entire product lifecycle
- Lead cross-functional teams to identify and monetize market opportunities
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred
- International import experience desired
- 5-7 years of relevant and progressive work experience in the marketing and product management capacity
Ability to travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America (10%) as well as vendor sites abroad
Apply for This Position
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Two positions available – Trenton, NJ and Marcus Hook, PA
- Technical support for all plant raw materials, production processes, vinyl plastisol mixing and formulation.
- Manufacturing engineering support to improve operating efficiencies and quality.
- Product Development for new flooring products, raw materials and process development.
Education and Experience:
BS in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering plus two to five years experience in vinyl industry, petrochemical, aerospace, automotive, or continuous processing. Lean Six Sigma certification/experience is desirable.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Work directly with Research, Development, Process Engineering and plant operations tasks associated Product Development and Plant technical assistance. Generally, the duties consist of:
- Must be safety oriented.
- Must be flexible, adaptive and a self-starter
- Must be able to work independently or in teams.
- Familiarity with vinyl plastisol formulations and mixing is highly desired.
- Familiarity and expertise in coating processes is highly desired.
- Lead experimental production trials and follow up on testing and reports.
- Analyze test data, draw conclusions and recommend action based on trial results.
- Must be able to use software to develop spreadsheets, graphs, and write reports.
- Trouble shoot process issues in plastisol mixing, gelling, and fusion operations.
- Assist in raw material evaluations, and associated trial management.
- Responsibility for quality assurance process relative incoming raw material. Develop acceptance criteria for new products in concert with suppliers.
- Responsible for product development from concept to final production.
- Utilization of various laboratory testing equipment.
- Union experience a plus.
- Familiarity with water-based ink formulations, ink mixing and printing a benefit.
Apply for This Position